Week 12, day 7

Today is the last day of my first trimester. Tomorrow I announce to the whole office that I am pregnant and will be taking some time off next year when the baby comes. My boss was super sweet and gave me my requested 2 months off paid followed by one month part time to adapt to returning to the office.

The new baby is due Feb. 6 but Shelly had a dream that the baby was born during the Super Bowl which would make it Feb. 3 (a date that neither of us knew until she looked it up because of the dream).

So far so average with the pregnancy. I feel really tired and am just getting passed being nauseous (fingers crossed it's ending). I never vomited but I got pretty close on more than one occasion. I still don't have an appetite and dread having to decide what to eat each day but hopefully that will pass soon. I've already started with some minor heart burn so I am really hoping I get a bit of a breather between nausea and heartburn but at this point I'm not too optimistic. So far the hardest part is working full time, having a toddler at home and being pretty tired most the time. I feel some guilt over not having energy leftover for Milo but he's been really into reading lately which is an activity I can get into with him even when I'm exhausted.

We had a dr. appointment at 10 weeks and saw the baby and confirmed a heart beat! I have another appointment on Friday and one every three weeks for a while.

I am just starting to show a baby bump (but you have to be pretty familiar with my body to notice - and it is easily disguised under almost any shirt I own). The biggest difference in my body is that my belly is super firm to the touch now! It will soon be pretty obvious!

Comments